Thursday, July 8, 2010

Where do you get your inspiration?

One thing that's been on my mind lately is where we get our inspiration from? Obviosly, it's different for everybody. Where do YOU get your inspiration? Is it from other peoples work, or nature? Or colour-palets? For me, using sketches is crucial. I have a little sketch-book that I made myself. In there I have drawn sketches that I found on various blogs, sketch-challenges etc. I just cannot do without it! If I forget it at home when I go to craft-gatherings, I am completely lost! LOL! It's not that I use the sketches straight off, sometimes I do, but other times there's something with the sketch that just makes me take off. Like this deco above, it doesn't look much like the sketch I had when I started.

So, my question for you: where do you get your inpiration?

4 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Good question, Annie... I do find most of my inspiration in the Nature and in the people /things/ ideas that I both love and despise deeply. I guess I am a woman of very strong feelings, I have a deep passion inside (which is not always visible in the outside), so... the more strong a feeling is, the more it makes me feel alive and it motivates me to create something around it. Also, my own dreams and revelations makes me create a lot. My problem is that I can express very few of what I feel... not only in the deco-srt but also in what I write etc. It is a real struggle.

Anny Cheng said...

Good question too from me.
I found sketch inspirations from some card challenges sites: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/

I also see a lot of different materials used from other people's entries, then I check out if any in my area.

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear friend!
I get inspiration from nature/my photos, from work others has done that I find in various blogs and other sites on the net, and I also get inspiration from sketches like you. But it´s not always that I have to find a sketch, I get more ideas "from my self" now than I used to before. And that´s great :)
I have even started on a wery small scale to make my own sketches.

I also want to say that you do such awesome work with your "crafting", I always enjoy looking at what you have come up to. And you are also a great inspiration for me! :)

Many hugs from your friend Annelie.